11/17/14

Disneyland Vacation.


So, it looks like I've totally been neglecting this little blog of mine.  I don't know how my life got so busy, but it's just so hard to keep up with everything these days!  I'm going to work on getting more organized and hopefully I can get back on track, but today I'm going to share some photos from our super fun trip to Disneyland last month.  It was the first time we've taken the kids to the Happiest Place on Earth and to say they loved it would be an extreme understatement! 

The first day we went to Mickey's Halloween Party, which is a special event with trick-or-treating, parades, fireworks, dance parties and more fun stuff.  I was a little worried that it wasn't going to be worth the extra money, but we loved it so much...I want to go again next year!  I think the best part is that the rides remain open after the park closes and the lines are all super short, since there are only a limited amount of event tickets sold.  It's also the only time that adults can wear costumes in the park, which was so much fun!


We spent our next day in California Adventure.  The highlight for the kids was probably Cars Land.  Tip: Make sure to get a FastPass for Radiator Springs Racers as soon as you get in the park...otherwise you will be standing in line for about 90 minutes.  I was so grateful for that FastPass.

My favorite thing was probably watching the Aladdin musical.  The actors all did a great job (especially Genie) and the whole show was really well done.  We also loved the Soarin' Over California ride, as well as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (it freaked my kids out a little bit the first time, but they wanted to go on it again)!


Our third and final day was spent back in Disneyland.  Overall, I like Disneyland better than California Adventure, especially with kids.  There just seems to be more to do and it feels more magical!  We had fun in both parks though and I know my kids are already dreaming of their next visit.  Time to start saving those pennies again, I guess!


I'm thinking we might try Disney World next time though...has anyone been to both?  If so, which do you prefer?  Also, any tips for when to go?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the wonders of Disney! One of my friends is planning to move to Orlando and work at Disney World... Probably wouldn't be a bad gig! :) I haven't been since I was little, but I'd love to go again one day. Looks like your family had fun!
    Ireland
    Ireland Rhea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such precious moments! That teacup picture is priceless! Haha.
    And how cute, dressing up as a family at Disney. I'd love to try that some day. :)

    ReplyDelete